NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau is committed to helping organisers and delegates reduce the environmental impact of thier visit to NewcastleGateshead, but what are we doing ourselves?
- We are investing in our website to give every delegate who books accommodation via our online accommodation booking system the opportunity to pay a small donation to ‘offset’ the carbon dioxide produced by their travel to NewcastleGateshead
- Working with Nexus, our local transport operator, we have introduced NewcastleGateshead’s first Conference Travel Card to encourage delegates to use our excellent public transport system when they’re hereWe printed the latest copy of our newsletter, Creative Conferencing, on recycled paper
- We are committed to reducing the number of printed materials we produce, publishing more of our marketing material online or in electronic versions
- We have introduced a system in our office to recycle waste paper
- We are donating to CarbonNeutral newcastle’s charity to ‘offset’ the carbon dioxide produced by our travel when we exhibit at national and international exhibitions
- We are sourcing giveaways and promotional material made from sustainable materials