- Review progress towards Responsible Tourism around the world since 2002, including initiatives in destinations and the initiatives of hotels and tour operators.
- Reflect on Kerala’s experience of working towards being a Responsible Tourism destination and to share experience internationally
- Discuss how tourism can contribute to local economic development and poverty reduction
- Consider how the environmental impact so the industry can best be managed.
- Discuss the ways in which tourism can contribute to social development and mutual understanding and respectful encounters between tourists and local people.
The Cape Care Route, Cape Town South Africa
A Legacy of the World Summit on Sustainable Development 2002.