- Choose sustainable seafood for your events.
- Use less plastic, and recycle that which you can't go without.
- Request hotels and venues use non-toxic cleaners, keeping chemicals from waste water.
- Ensure hazardous event materials like batteries, paints or adhesives are properly disposed of so they don't find their way back to waterways.
- Cut back on emissions by any means to prevent ocean acidification: choose locations closer to your attendees, turn off lights, promote transit and select vendor partners that have energy conservation programs.
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
Be an Ocean Hero
Think you have to don a wet suit and clean up a beach to do your part this World Ocean's Day? Well, it would help, but there are easier and possibly less Vaseline-intensive ways for event professionals to show their passion for protecting the oceans: